Brandon, Fl., November 27, 2013: It’s a fact, everyone LOVES Thanksgiving, but why? Sure we get to see family and friends, eat around the table together, cook together, share laughs and memories…but let’s look deep down inside ourselves for a second and admit the real reason we look forward to this holiday every year…THE FOOD.
Stuffing, turkey, gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, the list goes on and on. It’s a feast! And every year we justify this because “holiday calories don’t count” or “I’m going to enjoy now, because come the New Year, I’m losing weight.” Lies, Lies, Lies people!!
Why not make your Feast enjoyable and a little more guilt free. This does not mean no pie!! Here are some healthy hints to make you feel completely satisfied and practically guilt free this year!
1. Chug an 8oz glass of water right before you eat
2. Portions, Portions, Portions…you can always come back for seconds if you’re not full
3. IF you do want to go back for seconds, chug another glass of water before and wait 5 minutes, then see if you
are still hungry
4. When cooking, try cutting back on the amount of butter and oil you use. You can substitute oil in some
recipes with apple sauce (mostly in baking)
5. Use 2% or fat free milk instead of whole milk
6. Try mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes
7. Help support a charity and run/walk the Turkey Trot
8. Let’s talk dessert!! So many look so good, you want to try all of them, what do you do? Take SMALL bite size
samples from each one you want to try and have those little bite sizes as one dessert.
9. Instead of taking a nap right away, go throw a football, or go for a walk around the neighborhood. Be active
to help digest your food, especially 30 minutes after you eat.
10. Once everyone has had their servings, put the food away. This will help you not walk by and grab some more
later on just because it is there.
While everyone else is complaining just how full they are and how much weight they gained in their thighs, follow these ten guidelines and you won’t be a groupie with them this year.
For the BLACK FRIDAY Shoppers that want to get a kick start on their supplements and workouts, here’s a Sneak Peak at Cutting Edge Nutrition’s Sales!
(11232 Boyette Road, Riverview, Hillsborough County, Florida)
*Buy APS Whey Isolate receive APS Preworkout FREE!*
25% off ALL of the following items:
-AI Sports Maniac - BPI 1.M.R. - Allmax Razor8 Blast Powder - Allmax Muscle Prime -VPX 12-Gauge Shotgun – AI Sports Recover Pro – VPX Power Shock – Allmax Aminocore BCAA – Allmax Creatine